Licensing (MD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey120v

Ok guys, so in March 2017 I will have obtained 4 yrs of classroom hours ,but only 3 yrs in the field. Is it still a possibility that I can take my journeyman license exam?

Im in the state of Maryland btw.

jumper

Ok guys, so in March 2017 I will have obtained 4 yrs of classroom hours ,but only 3 yrs in the field. Is it still a possibility that I can take my journeyman license exam?

Im in the state of Maryland btw.

All depends on the county you live in whether it is acceptable or not. Usually most areas will only accept a certain amount of college course work at an accredited school in lieu of hours worked. Every county is different.

Note there is no statewide JW license in MD, which requires 7 years, and only certain counties have JW and other types of limited licenses. The state once did, but no more. Not all counties will accept your JW license from another county even if that county has a JW class.

Note also that even when you get your state master license some counties will require that you get there local license to work there.

Basically licensing in MD is a messed up parochial nightmare on a good day.

Not trying to discourage you but prepare you. Call you local building office and see what their requirements are.

Status
Not open for further replies.