Lift?

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Have small space getting completely renovated. About 3,500 sq ft. Ceilings. are 8'.

Any reason a lift would be needed? Don't think that would be practical as it's small space. Make sense?

1704390956052.png

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
They don't say but the deck can't be more than 2-3' above drop ceiling.

View attachment 2569365
I wouldn't bet that. Totally depends on building construction. Given that it looks like it is part of a gym, it isn't unlikely for the roof deck to be 20' or even a lot more above the grid ceiling. No way I would bid this without knowing the deck height. As far as a lift, if I can reach with a 10 foot ladder I would say no to a lift.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I wouldn't bet that. Totally depends on building construction. Given that it looks like it is part of a gym, it isn't unlikely for the roof deck to be 20' or even a lot more above the grid ceiling. No way I would bid this without knowing the deck height. As far as a lift, if I can reach with a 10 foot ladder I would say no to a lift.
Very rarely is a drop ceiling suspended more than 5' from deck.

Rick 0920

Occupation
Electrical Instructor
I would still use one if there are big open areas. I carry a lot of material on scissor lifts and it's so easy to shoot up ceiling grid wires. Climbing up and down a ladder all day is pretty taxing on your body. This looks like a 95% MC job and you can fly through it with a lift.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Have used bakers for this type of elevated work. Gives advantage of a large platform to work from very advantageous when piping in. If higher that 2 lifts then renting a scissor lift pays off.
For the smaller pipe sizes they even make a bender that can be mounted and used from the platform.