light emmiting plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.

billk554

has anyone got any info on this lighting? i have been to the web sight and it doesnt give alot of info. has anyone seen these installed? they say its a 100,000 hr. bulb with no fillament? whats up with this?

I don't think they are even on the market yet, I could be wrong but I believe they are still working on it.

I read about them a few weeks ago, along with OLED (or OWLED) lights they are working on. Very thin, flexible, gives off as much light as fluorescent but uses the energy equivalent to an LED.

I just can't wait till we start seeing these new technologies everywhere :D

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
There are many applications of the Luxim plasma light available. One city has done a street lighting conversion from HPS to plasma. I just saw at the street and area lighting conference a new version of the plasma lamp, a bit larger so more lumens.
Lots of advantages, but from what I saw and heard at the conference is LED-LED-LED, many good LED street light luminaires are now available.

PCN

Luxim was at Lightfair last year, they had several luminaires with them. Sounds like mainly an exterior / site lighting application right now. The
"lamp" is tiny, definitely a product to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.