Light stringers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you estimate light stringers when figuring temporary light and power. Curious

Estimate how? One string is 10 lights and 90' long (and <$100 purchase). Usually takes me about 5-8 minutes to hang if I'm on a roll, including moving an 8' ladder. (I hang them with really cheap tiewraps so I don't need a ladder to pull them down. Even with replacing the occasional broken lamp, it's still faster. More so when they're hung 20' up and I don't need a lift to remove.)

Running the supply is another matter.

mstrlucky74

Estimate how? One string is 10 lights and 90' long (and <$100 purchase). Usually takes me about 5-8 minutes to hang if I'm on a roll, including moving an 8' ladder. (I hang them with really cheap tiewraps so I don't need a ladder to pull them down. Even with replacing the occasional broken lamp, it's still faster. More so when they're hung 20' up and I don't need a lift to remove.)

Running the supply is another matter.

I meant to make e stringers .. Our guys use romex and light cages

kwired

Electron manager
I don't know that there is a right or wrong when it comes to estimating for this. Do you plan to use the same temp light "sets" for other projects, or are they going to be disposed of when no longer needed? Maybe you will not use them again but will recycle the copper? If so there is some value coming back from the job in some form.

You probably want to cover labor and consumables used in relation to this, including replacement of lamps when necessary. I would think that you would include any cost associated with any other temporary power costs you may have for the project.

Romex & light cages went bye bye here at least 8 years ago. Is that still allowed in NYC ?

Buy pre made tempoary light sets & spread the cost over several jobs.

Ya, I haven't built a light string from parts in at least 15 years. Not worth the hassle. You can get pre-made strings from Ace Hardware for $75 right now (http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4433293&cagpspn=pla). (Have your local store order from the warehouse and pickup at the store. The store then gets credit for the sale; they don't if you order off the web site for store pickup.)

Status
Not open for further replies.