Lighting in flood elevation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavie

Working on 2 story flood zone house. On ground floor no electric is allowed below 17' elevation. One light and one switch only. Think Florida beach house. This puts the elevation 1 foot below the first floor. That means 110 volt lighting is allowed in the ceiling but no switches allowed. Of course owner want's lots more. LV switching would be allowed. What kind of contactor can I install in the fluorescent fixtures that would have a LV transformer/contactor coil? I'm told this is allowed but didn't get any details. Piezo was mentioned.

eHunter

Working on 2 story flood zone house. On ground floor no electric is allowed below 17' elevation. One light and one switch only. Think Florida beach house. This puts the elevation 1 foot below the first floor. That means 110 volt lighting is allowed in the ceiling but no switches allowed. Of course owner want's lots more. LV switching would be allowed. What kind of contactor can I install in the fluorescent fixtures that would have a LV transformer/contactor coil? I'm told this is allowed but didn't get any details. Piezo was mentioned.

There are several add on LV control boxes such as the Relay In a Box(RIB) that will accomplish the task.
Or use a Lutron RF controlled switching system, no snap switches required.

http://www.functionaldevices.com/products.php

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector

I think Lutron PECO devices wouls be good for this. You would just put your main device (that actually swithes the load) above the flood plain and then mount the matching wireless device where needed. The remote is battery powered and will last for years, looks exactly like a standard Decora device and is Lutron quality. And you can get them rated for incandescent, flourescent, etc and dimming too.

Cavie

I think Lutron PECO devices wouls be good for this. You would just put your main device (that actually swithes the load) above the flood plain and then mount the matching wireless device where needed. The remote is battery powered and will last for years, looks exactly like a standard Decora device and is Lutron quality. And you can get them rated for incandescent, flourescent, etc and dimming too.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.