Lightning Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfordsr

I have a question regarding the connection of the Lightning rods (on the roof) to the exposed metal (black iron) gas pipe that is installed on the exterior of the building.

Is this permitted?
The attachment occurs on 2 sides of the building (north and south), and the gas meter is on the West side of the building. All of this is exposed.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I have a question regarding the connection of the Lightning rods (on the roof) to the exposed metal (black iron) gas pipe that is installed on the exterior of the building.

Is this permitted?
The attachment occurs on 2 sides of the building (north and south), and the gas meter is on the West side of the building. All of this is exposed.

what do the drawings say that presumably were prepared by someone qualified to do create them?

sfordsr

Lightning Question

Lightning Question

Bob:

There are no drawings. The system has been in place for "X" number of years. I have no access to or knowledge of drawings, or the installer.
That's the reason for the question. Technically, it is NOT underground gas piping. However, it is a GAS line. Does the code allow the grounding conductor to be connected to the pipe?

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.