Lightning strike hits girls nose ring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron

It makes a nice story, but it maybe just a story. Why would those pesky electrons enter her feet and exit her nose? Although electron flow takes all paths in relation to their impedance, but from the garage floor through her body and out her nose seems a bit unbelievable!? Then where did the electron flow go, through the air and back to some other electrode where?

iwire

Staff member
Mythbusters did a bit on lightning hitting a guy with a tongue piercing.

They did a bunch of tests and it seems it is just a coincidence.

People wear all kinds of jewelry, watches, bracelets, rings, necklaces, metal zippers and if lightning hits any of them we don't blame the metal zipper on their coat.

For my wifes sake I hope piercings don't attract lighting. ;)

zog

iwire said:
Mythbusters did a bit on lightning hitting a guy with a tongue piercing.

They did a bunch of tests and it seems it is just a coincidence.

People wear all kinds of jewelry, watches, bracelets, rings, necklaces, metal zippers and if lightning hits any of them we don't blame the metal zipper on their coat.

For my wifes sake I hope piercings don't attract lighting. ;)

You beat me to it, I loved that episode. They did find that if you had a 10 pound dumbell through your nese that may increase the chance of getting struck.

stickboy1375

I love how people talk, "like it was red and in and flash and like she was like stiff as a board, you know just like picking up a board"... :grin: :grin: :grin: that was priceless right there...

Status
Not open for further replies.