Line and Load ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keldra

We are adding disconects on each individual elevators where there none before in a commercial building. We are installing conduits from a gutter to the disconects, is there anywhere in the NEC that states you cannot run line and load in the same conduit in a situation like this. THANKS

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Re: Line and Load ?

No. But this will give you more than three current-carrying conductors in a raceway (i.e., in the conduit). You will have to de-rate the ampacity of the conductors. Are the conductors large enough to take the de-rating, and still have enough ampacity for their load?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

Derating would only apply if the nipples between the gutter and the switches were more than 24".

benaround

Keldra,

I'm sure all states have their own Inspector of Elevators,and the way I see it the rules change almost from job to job.If you want the elevator to pass inspection,listen to what this Inspector is saying and you are good to go,remember, this is over and above the AHJ.

frank

iwire

Staff member

Frank that is one of the best pieces of advice I have read here in a while. :)

When it comes to elevator inspectors just comply or the tenants will be getting a lot of excise on the stairs. Make it a T&M extra as it is beyond the NEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.