Liquid Tight Flexible Conduit in Class I, Div 1 locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM2-Inc

I'm being told that there is a lower cost "Liquid Tight Flexible Conduit" called "Anaconda Sealtite" that is suitable for Class I, Division 1 locations. I've gone to the "Anamet Electrical" web site and couldn't find any reference to Class I, Div 1 approvals. I found an older post (2007 Post "using liquid-tight in Class 1, Div 1 location") which suggest this isn't possible.

I called the supplier, but could only speak to a sales person who provided a less then stellar response.

I reverted to the individual who claimed they could be used to provide the document which supports this claim but don't think I'll be getting it.

I'm posting here to see if something different has been developed since 2007 or maybe someone knows of a lower cost flex.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I'm being told that there is a lower cost "Liquid Tight Flexible Conduit" called "Anaconda Sealtite" that is suitable for Class I, Division 1 locations. I've gone to the "Anamet Electrical" web site and couldn't find any reference to Class I, Div 1 approvals. I found an older post (2007 Post "using liquid-tight in Class 1, Div 1 location") which suggest this isn't possible.

I called the supplier, but could only speak to a sales person who provided a less then stellar response.

I reverted to the individual who claimed they could be used to provide the document which supports this claim but don't think I'll be getting it.

I'm posting here to see if something different has been developed since 2007 or maybe someone knows of a lower cost flex.
It would not matter what the manufacturer says. LFMC is not on the list of wiring methods shown in 501.10(A)(2).

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
See Section 501.10(A)(2) [2023 NEC] for the only flexible wiring methods permitted in Division 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.