Listed PVC fitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

One of my co-workers called me today and asked if I had ever seen a 3/4" to 1/2" PVC change over type coupling. I didn't see it for myself, and have never used or seen anything like that for PVC.
Is this a listed PVC fitting? If so does anyone know of a link I can check out to learn more?

stickboy1375

The Iceman said:
One of my co-workers called me today and asked if I had ever seen a 3/4" to 1/2" PVC change over type coupling. I didn't see it for myself, and have never used or seen anything like that for PVC.
Is this a listed PVC fitting? If so does anyone know of a link I can check out to learn more?

Like these?

5142220.gif

Or these?

E952_J.jpg

Last edited:

iwire

Staff member
The Iceman said:
One of my co-workers called me today and asked if I had ever seen a 3/4" to 1/2" PVC change over type coupling.

The unlisted way is to slip the bell end of the 1/2" PVC into the 3/4" coupling, or slip the bell end of the 3/4" PVC into the 1" coupling

TOOL_5150

iwire said:
The unlisted way is to slip the bell end of the 1/2" PVC into the 3/4" coupling, or slip the bell end of the 3/4" PVC into the 1" coupling

That way adds more excitement in pushing the fish tape through the conduit.:grin: "If it was easy, everyone would do it"

~Matt

quogueelectric

iwire said:
The couplings fit perfectly into each other to size up or down also. Glue up!

iwire

Staff member
TOOL_5150 said:
That way adds more excitement in pushing the fish tape through the conduit.:grin: "If it was easy, everyone would do it"

Actually a snake goes by a bell end pretty well.

The only time I swapped sizes in the middle of a PVC run was for a single gang floor box for a receptacle.

The specs called for 3/4" PVC and we ran that out of the box but ran out of 3/4" before getting out of the slab so I used 1" to complete it to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.