listing and labeling for hoffman cut out box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyamkram

I have a Hoffman cut out box, cat # A12N126. has a hinge cover. what is the listing and labeling, on grounding for the cover and box, should the cover be bonded to the box, there are 20 and 30 amp receptacles mount on the cover, and there is a ground wire connected to the receptacles, no ground wire on the box, there is 3/4 conduit that has the branch circuit conductor in it, this is in an industrial environment, and the box is fasten to and injection molding machine, and there is vibration from the machine. I was told having a ground wire connect to the receptacles on the cover is fine and up to code, but there is no direct metal to metal contact from cover to box,
only the hinges, from the vibration could the conduit come loss. ???

Thank you any and all information is greatly appreciated.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
This is more of a UL 508 question than NEC. If you have a electrical device on the cover, the cover has to be bonded to the EGC.
I have installed many of that type Hoffman, its not a hgod choice with a lot of vibration. Look at a hoffman JIC box with clamps and a gasket.

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
+1 Tom--Also I have generally run a bond wire from the door to the body depending on the application--just cuz

Status
Not open for further replies.