Live work

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Re: Live work

A friend of mine is an IBEW electrician and he told me that as part of their working rules two journeymen must work together on live systems above 250 volts. As previously mentioned this is not a code requirement.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

I don't have a copy of 70E at home, but I think that there are some rules for a "standby" or rescue person under some conditions.
Don

allenwayne

Sorry but to me when a circuit is worked live ( there have been many threads on this) there should always be a second person there as stand by and with instructions.See that 2x4 use it if anything happens :D

paul

Originally posted by allenwayne:
Sorry but to me when a circuit is worked live ( there have been many threads on this) there should always be a second person there as stand by and with instructions.See that 2x4 use it if anything happens :D
Hahaha...reminds me of when I was an apprentice and the JW handed me a 2X4 and told me that. While he was reaching across the 480 bussbars to put the locknut on, his pager went off in vibrate mode. I was halfway through my swing before I hit the skids as he came out of there like a bat out of hell throwing his pager across the room. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.