lLINEMAN:

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattus

There is an interesting Youtube channel, "bobsdecline" which discusses some of the problems linemen have to fix.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Where have you been rattus? You have been missed

Roger

rattus

Thanks Roger. I thought I would let my head heal from beating it against a stone wall. BTW, my neighbor has one of those no trip breaker panels She had a table lamp with a frayed cord. It would arc and spark but not trip the breaker. I told her to get the panel replaced, but it has lasted 50 plus years, so I guess she i [s going to try to outlive it.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
That channel showed up in my “recommended videos” a week ago. Ive watched a few of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
There is an interesting Youtube channel, "bobsdecline" which discusses some of the problems linemen have to fix.
I checked out a couple of them. The wedge grip trick works, but I use channel locks and go ahead and pry them apart. It’s quicker, and it’s going in the trash anyway...

amazingly enough it’s never raining, or icing in the videos. Suns always out...

Sometimes I’m out there at 2 in the morning, in the rain, and 32 degrees praying it doesn’t fall one or two more degrees..
That’s when it isn’t so glamorous.

Some electricians work the same..
There’s little worse than a hot attic on a summer day and the job has got to be done now.

Also, not sure how the rest feel about this, but is there any place colder than a closed in house or building, with no heat at all? Even if it’s 20 degrees outside, it seems colder inside...

mivey

Hey rattus. Good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you.

I don't frequent as much as I used to. Too many other distractions.

McLintock

Occupation
Electrician
Also, not sure how the rest feel about this, but is there any place colder than a closed in house or building, with no heat at all? Even if it’s 20 degrees outside, it seems colder inside...

Yep it is always colder, garages are one of the coldest places to work in the house. Last winter we were roughing in a house and a few mornings were around 35 below, but still had to go outside to “warm” up.

“ shoot low boys their riding shetland ponies”

Status
Not open for further replies.