Load center under deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardworkingstiff

Ok, I admit, I'm being a little lazy here. Does anyone if you can put a load center under an exterior deck of a house?

The customer wants to put in a Jacuzzi and also would like to (in the future) install some low voltage lighting. The tub will be outside the existing deck area and he will build another deck around it. He would like have a little panel (4-6 circuit load center) for disconnecting the Jacuzzi and adding some low voltage lighting (GFCI receptacle).

I'd like to find something that says I can put this load center in without worrying about the 6.5' height requirement. (For the last 20 years I've pretty much wired gas stations and marinas so I'm pretty rusty on residential). I'm only doing this because it's the house of the owner of the dock fabrication facility (translation, I MUST do this, lol).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
HWS

luke warmwater

Re: Load center under deck

Originally posted by hardworkingstiff:
He would like have a little panel (4-6 circuit load center) for disconnecting the Jacuzzi and adding some low voltage lighting (GFCI receptacle).
You also need to comply with 680.12 and read the definition of 'In Sight From' in article 100

redfish

Re: Load center under deck

Why don't you just install an outdoor breaker box that is within sight of your equipment? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.