Load Miser toggling between stove and dryer

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerplay

i have seen my second Load miser for a small home with an 60amp service. It prioritizes the primary load(stove) when the secondary load(dryer) is on at the same time. How reliable is the "Load Miser"? maybe I should megger the line to the dryer and simply disconnect the dryer and put in an dryer receptacle for the new appliance? ...or run a new line to the panel for the dryer? By attaaching a dryer receptacle, maybe I could run into issues with the "Miser" so simply running a new line would probably be the best alternative, but I was curious how reliable the "Miser" is.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
i have seen my second Load miser for a small home with an 60amp service. It prioritizes the primary load(stove) when the secondary load(dryer) is on at the same time. How reliable is the "Load Miser"? maybe I should megger the line to the dryer and simply disconnect the dryer and put in an dryer receptacle for the new appliance? ...or run a new line to the panel for the dryer? By attaaching a dryer receptacle, maybe I could run into issues with the "Miser" so simply running a new line would probably be the best alternative, but I was curious how reliable the "Miser" is.

A new service would be the best alternative. Just how much load does the house have? I have seen these load misers and I know an old electrician that has a couple of them new(never been installed). The only reason I removed one was for a panel upgrade (60 to 150) With the stove, dryer and a microwave plus a few lights, will the fuses stay in? (Does the panel have a main fuse block?)

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
so why do you want to change it?

It was there for a purpose.

You may need to contact the POCO and get a permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.