load on 300 kva pdu

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob

Question can you put 42 50 three phase amp circuits on a 300kva 3 phase PDU, if so or not, what would be the calculation. thanks

You did not give the voltage so I will assume that it is 208/120 volts. If so the Full Load amps on the 300 pm is 834 amps. Your total connected load maybe 42 x 50 = 2100 amps. What is the actual load. Yes you can connect 42 ckts to the transformer but it should not overload it.

Last edited:

ron

Do you want to put (14) 50A-3P breakers on a 300kVA, 208V PDU?
Each circuit could be loaded up to 80% since the small 50A breakers are probably not 100% rated. Each circuit can carry a maximum of 14.4kVA if loaded to that value.
(14) of them in a (42) pole panel should be okay on a 300kVA PDU, as long as it is not in a 2N configuration.
You could theoretically place as many as you want, but you can't load them to exceed the rating of the PDU. Make sure you know the safe loading limit of the PDU, whether it be the transformer rating or the input/output CB ratings.

i guess i should have gave more info, it does have an output amps of 833 (208v/120) there are four 400 amp breakers on the output side feeding four 42 pole panelboards. As for the load i dont know but we have to consider they will fill them up to at least 80% so as you can see it would be easy enough to land all 42 three phase breakers. Does this change anything for overloading the PDU with all 42 three phase 50 amp breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.