Location of Service Disc. & ATS w/ MDP in diff. buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mallard duck

I have a 1200 amp service disconnect (Breaker) in building #1 feeding a ATS in building #2 with (2) two optional 350 KVA generators in building #3. Building 1 is a metal shed with other disconnects in it feeding out to various other buildings on the facility. Building 2 has the 1200 amp ATS with the MDP (main lug) panel beside it. The load side of the breakers in the MDP feed back to building 1 to the old disconnects. The generator power to the ATS comes from building 3 which is attached to building 2. This is all 120/208V.

The contractor did his own thing here and then I was asked to inspect. No drawings were done; they were replacing an older system and upgrading it to new.

The main question I have is the 1200-amp main (in bldg.1) feeding into the ATS (in bldg.2) in a separate building with no disconnecting in building 2 ahead of the ATS.

The building 1 & 2 are right beside each other, they maybe touching or connected. There was a trough below the disconnect that wrapped around inside of bldg. 1 to the opposite wall where bldg 2 is located. Wiring goes through the back of the ATS the best I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.