Lock out knife style terminal blocks

Scott stevenson

New User
Occupation
Electrician
Today at a site im working on there was an incident where comissioning was working in a plc panel while our qc guys were point to pointing circuits when athe circuit they were working on became energized the circuit is controlled by a pheonix contact knife style terminal block the circuit is 120v control. Does anyone know of a way to to lock out pheonix contact knife style terminal block?

garbo

A few times we could not quickly identify where the 120 volt power originated from so pulled hinged fuse holder out, removed fuse and installed a ty rab with a LOTTO tag and removed and secured load side wire on fuse block. Performed a quick Google search for an approved LOTTO device for these common fuse blocks but did not locate anything. Wish it was standard practice to not only provide circuit breaker circuit # & panel but location of panel on industrial panels. Once two of us spent halve a day locating power source. Was four floors away in a large building with well over 100 panels.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
A few times we could not quickly identify where the 120 volt power originated from so pulled hinged fuse holder out, removed fuse and installed a ty rab with a LOTTO tag and removed and secured load side wire on fuse block. Performed a quick Google search for an approved LOTTO device for these common fuse blocks but did not locate anything. Wish it was standard practice to not only provide circuit breaker circuit # & panel but location of panel on industrial panels. Once two of us spent halve a day locating power source. Was four floors away in a large building with well over 100 panels.
That’s where a circuit tracer in the tool box pays off! I first bought mine because I did a lot of computer room work. They kinda get po’ed if you turn off the wrong or incorrectly marked circuit!