Locked threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
can you be specific about what thread you are talking about. I have had threads that would not allow me to get to the next page. I just posted something like "trying to get to next page and then I was able to go past page one.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
It appears that he is asking about the older threads. They are locked to avoid issue of someone bring an old thread back to life after it has died a natural death. On some other forums, threads years old come back to life, and it can be confusing. If someone wants to discuss the same issues as in a closed thread, he can start a new thread.
The closed threads can be viewed, you just can't add a post to them.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
It appears that he is asking about the older threads. They are locked to avoid issue of someone bring an old thread back to life after it has died a natural death. On some other forums, threads years old come back to life, and it can be confusing. If someone wants to discuss the same issues as in a closed thread, he can start a new thread.
The closed threads can be viewed, you just can't add a post to them.

In some cases old threads aren't that bad imo, especially ones on electrical theory. But, yahhhh, threads on how to fix a problem the OP already handled 6 years ago might be a bit off topic :lol:

Though I am guilty of resurrection :angel:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
They get locked after 3 months I believe-- that does not sound like what he was asking

Yes I guess Cavie is using the forum page and it really has nothing to do with page 3. It has to do with the age of the thread as I mentioned earlier. Had me confused by the LV forum and page 3.

If you go further in the NEC forum you will see that they are locked also maybe at a different page number. Go to the bottom of the page and change the number of days to 100 and you will see that page 21 is where all the threads are locked

Cavie

Instead of going to one forum try using "Todays Posts" or "New Posts" to keep up with all the forums.

Roger

Since 2006 I have always stayed on the NEC forum to avoid unwanted clutter. I have recently had need to do some LV reading so that's the forum I went to. That is where I found all post past page three blocked. I had never seen this on the NEC forum. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.