Longest active member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I believe Don_resqcapt19 was the first or one of the first. He was in a day earlier then Iwire, Roger, Charlie B, and Tom Baker, on Feb 19, 2003. Infinity was about 5 months later

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I joined on May 1, 2005, so I'm a relatively late bloomer. Plus, I took a hiatus a while back.

I see my reaction score is greater than 10% of my post quantity. Is that significant?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Unfortunately, I think the actual membership data from the beginning has been lost ln software updates. There may be some useful data in the Internet Archive ("wayback machine"), at least to the extent of pages that were accessible without login.
Other than that, we have the recollections of current members.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I believe Don_resqcapt19 was the first or one of the first. He was in a day earlier then Iwire, Roger, Charlie B, and Tom Baker, on Feb 19, 2003. Infinity was about 5 months later
My profile says I joined on Feb 21, 2003. I'm dating myself :)

I'm thinking you would have to go back into the archives if you can to find that info. IMHO, it would be Mike Holt :cool:
LoL other than Mike Holt! I know hes the creator of the site. I was just looking at myself that I'm coming up on a 20 year mark of an anniversary :).

I Would love to see a poll of people just putting their name and first posting/join date. ;-)

I think some appreciation can be given to people that have contributed and made this forum as great as it is, through their own time and for free even though at times it got heated and debated!!

Ill start

brother joined Jul 8, 2003

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I am member 10 of the current forum. Most of the members before me were administrators and mods.

Prior to the current forum I was a member of the old forum for 1-2 years. That forum used your email address as your member name. It also included your IP address on every post.

Most of the current members didn't get a chance to know him but Bennie Palmer was the most active member of the old and current forums until his passing,

I joined sometime in the fall of 2004. I didn't post much for several years as my initial posts were just to help me got thru inspections and I didn't think I wanted to be an electrician for a living (still not sure, leaning toward NOT 😂) so I wasn't initially that interested in learning code or more about the trade.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I am member 10 of the current forum. Most of the members before me were administrators and mods.

Prior to the current forum I was a member of the old forum for 1-2 years. That forum used your email address as your member name. It also included your IP address on every post.

Most of the current members didn't get a chance to know him but Bennie Palmer was the most active member of the old and current forums until his passing,
I first joined in 2001, Don was already here (and on a number of other boards and forums). I think there were two previous versions that lost the statistics before the current history.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member

Bennie was fun. I called him before he passed away and chatted

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I think the forum dates back to 1999. The 2003 was the second or 3rd version of the forum. All of the original posts were lost in a software update. There were a number on the original forum before I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.