Look at the project from the DIY network

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultramegabob

Im kinda surpized nobody had any comments on this home made yard light using an interior light fixture mounted upside down without a junction box with conductors chased through a rough concrete post with no sleeve... when I saw this on television this morning they showed it being in the middle of a flowerbed outside.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
ultramegabob said:
Im kinda surpized nobody had any comments on this home made yard light using an interior light fixture mounted upside down without a junction box with conductors chased through a rough concrete post with no sleeve... when I saw this on television this morning they showed it being in the middle of a flowerbed outside.
All 77 who have viewed your thread are busy mixing concrete.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
ultramegabob said:

Well, we don't do DIYer here. ;)

Roger

480sparky

Only time I'm interested in seeing DIY stuff is when I'm getting paid to fix it. ;)

DSC05652a.jpg

480sparky

brian john said:
hese pictures were emailed to me, I do not know who to credit. But worth a view.

I think they, like the images of the cord floating in the pool with flip-flops, have been posted so many times all over the 'net they'd be considered public domain images.

I recollect I posted them about a year ago.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
LawnGuyLandSparky said:
That's not true, and I resent the insinuation. I happen to still be in the "rounding up all the melamine" phase...

And I am still trying to push my conduit through the 1/2" hole.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I especially like this statement from that DIY site:

"...You can use a lighter to heat a shrink tube over the twisted wires, or simply wrap securely with electrical tape."

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
brian john said:
Roger:

Did you take that? Tell me you used Photoshop...

That had me in tears...NO way that is real!

Brian, it is real, it was sent to me from a local inspector. It was found in the home of an elderly lady.

Roger

480sparky

roger said:
Brian, it is real, it was sent to me from a local inspector. It was found in the home of an elderly lady.

Roger

She obviously never used that shower or else she wouldn't be elderly. ;)

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
480sparky said:
She obviously never used that shower or else she wouldn't be elderly. ;)

She did use it but, she had a rubber mat in it. :grin:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.