Look for the ground rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurk27

Re: Look for the ground rod

I dont think I'd want to pull that cap off H1B with it that close.
Also if this work is being done with this pad hot OSHA would have a field day with the shovel and gloves.

[ September 05, 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: hurk27 ]

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO

It was hot. The service line to the house was cut during grading. Cut the line in half and did not trip the secondary and bent the lugs in the meter base.

The utility worker was told to reconnect power to the house. This is a vacant new construction house.

He had pulled the ground rod away from H1B and was connecting to the meter when I left.

This work was completed by subs. He was there for the utility co.

Mike P.

charlie

I also have a question about the ground rod being that high into the transformer. Most electric utilities use fiberglass box pads and 5/8" X 10' rods so they may be driven with the ends higher but not that high.

Where the service was cut through the box pad, it is only inches below grade. I hope mommy doesn't want to plant a flower close to the transformar.

Lastly, the secondary is not protected nor anything else until the service goes through the service OC protection. The transformer fuse is to protect the primary loop, and it did. The primary did not lose power so the OC protection did its job. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.