Looking for Breakers and Box rated to -40C

Status
Not open for further replies.

crose

I would like to find breakers and a breaker box to be used in outdoor applications. I'd need a temp range of -40C to +85C. Does anyone know of anything that will fit this requirement?

Thanks!

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
crose said:
I would like to find breakers and a breaker box to be used in outdoor applications. I'd need a temp range of -40C to +85C. Does anyone know of anything that will fit this requirement?

Thanks!
You sure thats right? Thats -40? to 185?F. Can't picture an outdoor application with this wide a swing here on earth.

crose

Thanks for the check on that. The number I gave was standard mil-spec which some of our equip needs to meet but not the breakers/box.

Here's what I need:
breakers operating temp: -40C to +55C
breakers storage temp: -40C to +65C
breaker box: NEMA 4X (Not 100% sure about this, but needs to operate in unsheltered outdoor environment with rain/snow/ice)

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
chris kennedy said:
You sure thats right? Thats -40? to 185?F. Can't picture an outdoor application with this wide a swing here on earth.

I had to spec a panel like this once for a military rapid response team. One day they were in the mountains the next day in the desert.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
crose said:
Jim,

You're pretty much on track with what I need. Do you recall who had what you needed?

Thanks.

It was 25+ years ago, I believe it was Square D's I-Line. Except we used a NEMA 3R/12 box.

Status
Not open for further replies.