Looking for creamy whip outside lighting suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

delfadelfa

I was asked to change out the lighting around a creamy whip ice cream store. Right now they have a 4 foot soffit around the building with 10 - 4 foot - exposed single tube strip lights, spaced out about 5 feet apart with 1/2 inch emt ran between them. I would like to get rid of the emt but there is no way to get above the soffit. The owner said he would like a little more light. Any ideas?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
If the existing fixtures are T12, try refitting ballast and tubes to T8 High Output. This would be the smallest change that may help.
Take a good look at the available color temperature and spectrum of the bulbs you can use, since the light characteristic interacts really strongly with the psychological impression of food items as well as the overall atmosphere.

If the fixtures do not have reflectors, look at changing that out too.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
You could get rid of 4' of each 5' EMT section by replacing with another 4' fixture... or simply butt 2x the fixtures together and maybe add another where there is enough space. Of course circuit loading may become a factor.. but being an electrician, you should be able to work around that. :D

putzs.jpg

kwired

Electron manager
You could get rid of 4' of each 5' EMT section by replacing with another 4' fixture... or simply butt 2x the fixtures together and maybe add another where there is enough space. Of course circuit loading may become a factor.. but being an electrician, you should be able to work around that. :D

putzs.jpg
If OP has something similar to what you have pictured, part of the appeal of those places is the nostalgic look - it doesn't need any changes:)

But I suppose adding more strips in the open spaces would be acceptable.

It really needs some neon or at least LED's that look like neon:cool:

delfadelfa

putzs.jpg

Putzs creamy whip is about 4 miles from my house, it's been there forever. It looks just like the creamy whip I was talking about with the same 4' bug lights.

delfadelfa

If OP has something similar to what you have pictured, part of the appeal of those places is the nostalgic look - it doesn't need any changes:)

But I suppose adding more strips in the open spaces would be acceptable.

It really needs some neon or at least LED's that look like neon:cool:

LED's that look like neon!! That is a great idea and I will look into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.