Looking for information about wiring solar panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevrob4

I writting this thread address to all memebers if anyone call recommend a good
place on the internet that helps one get educated in the solar field.

Wiring the panels to a battery bank, then bring the power from the battery
bank into the house.

I'm smart enough not to touch this, until, I learn a lot more about it.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I writting this thread address to all memebers if anyone call recommend a good
place on the internet that helps one get educated in the solar field.

Wiring the panels to a battery bank, then bring the power from the battery
bank into the house.

I'm smart enough not to touch this, until, I learn a lot more about it.

I wish you luck.

I just started solar / wind power installation class yesterday. The three credit hour class cost me just under 400 bucks and the books were an extra 112.

There are grid tie systems, stand alone systems, systems with back up power (batteries) and systems without. Solar panels come in different varieties, output power and quality. There are different types of inverters, some can be used when the utility power goes out, while others can not.

ROI (Return of Investment) depends on several factors. The quickest ROI I have seen to date is 8 years and that was due to heavy financial incentives from the government, many of which have been cut.

Installation is not a piece of cake. Panels must be mounted as to minimize wind drag and thermal transfer, avoid all shadows (5 percent shadow = up to a 40 percent loss) and not cause leaks to existing structures.

Panels aren't cheap, either. Our panels are about 2 square meters, put out 220 watts max at 36 volts and cost over 400 dollars each. That does not include any wiring or the inverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.