Looking for some help with purchasing a breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breaker Boy

New User
Here's the deal, I'm looking to find out if I can purchase a Murray breaker with a slightly different landing spot than what they sell at my local Lowe's.

The breaker I want is similar to a MP23020, but I need the teeth to be slightly different. The ones they sell locally have the shallow teeth for snapping into the bus and the panel I'm working on requires the longer, or deeper, teeth. Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks.

20A single pole
30A double pole tied to the one below it
30A double pole tied to the one above it
20A single pole

These are the tandem type breakers, so I'm looking to slot four positions into two normal sized spots, if that makes any sense.

480sparky

If, by 'teeth', you're referring to the depth of the slot in the breaker for the bus bar to slip into, my guess is you're looking for a tandem breaker with shallow slots to prevent it from being installed onto bus bars that don't have a corresponding notch in them. This is a rejection method, and should tell you you can't be putting tandems in that panel.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
If, by 'teeth', you're referring to the depth of the slot in the breaker for the bus bar to slip into, my guess is you're looking for a tandem breaker with shallow slots to prevent it from being installed onto bus bars that don't have a corresponding notch in them. This is a rejection method, and should tell you you can't be putting tandems in that panel.
Or at least not in that bus position in the panel.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If, by 'teeth', you're referring to the depth of the slot in the breaker for the bus bar to slip into, my guess is you're looking for a tandem breaker with shallow slots to prevent it from being installed onto bus bars that don't have a corresponding notch in them.
Sounds to me like that's what he has, and wants the style with the deep slot to fit the non-notched stabs.

This is a rejection method, and should tell you you can't be putting tandems in that panel.
That I agree with. And, with apologies to the OP despite his user name if I'm wrong, it smells slightly DIY.

Status
Not open for further replies.