Loud Doorbells

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank_n

I have a customer who cannot hear well and would like to have a louder doorbell. Does anyone know where I can buy one? Is it possible to make an ordinary doorbell louder by changing the transformer (higher amperage not voltage)?

Frank

RUWIREDRITE

Wireless

Wireless

I have plenty of elder customers with hearing impairment. I used the 120volt plug in receivers, they can move them in the room they are at and hear them when someone rings the bell. You can also plug in multiples thru-out the home so they chime everywhere after setting all the transmitter/ receiver codes.

frank_n

Thanks, I suggested that but the lady also doesn't have a lot of money to spend. I am doing this for practically nothing (I'm just trying to help the sweet little old lady).

She is just looking for an extra loud doorbell.

Franks

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I agree with RU, the wireless doorbell extender is the best bet. A small transmitter attaches to the existing chime (10 min.) and the receiver plugs in anywhere.

If you really want a louder chime in the existing location, check out either electronic chimes or a plain ol' gong-type doorbell.

RUWIREDRITE

Wireless Chime

Wireless Chime

The ones I am refering to are a remote battery operated button, usually lithium with a plug in receiver unit into any standard receptacle. They are really quite inexpensive and can be plugged in anywhere in the home the person might be. Local electrial supply or home improvement stores have them .Last one I bought was about 20 bucks.

LarryFine

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
RUWIREDRITE said:
The ones I am refering to are a remote battery operated button, usually lithium with a plug in receiver unit into any standard receptacle. They are really quite inexpensive and can be plugged in anywhere in the home the person might be.
I suggested the wireless extension because they already have a doorbell system. A complete system would require the caller to press two buttons. The receivers are the same for both types.

The local orange and blue stores carry both.

LarryFine

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
"S'alright!"

pre637.jpg

LawnGuyLandSparky

frank_n said:
Thanks, I suggested that but the lady also doesn't have a lot of money to spend. I am doing this for practically nothing (I'm just trying to help the sweet little old lady).

She is just looking for an extra loud doorbell.

Franks

If she can't hear the doorbell, can she hear the smoke alarm? What's next the telephone, a car horn, a police siren? Sweet old lady needs a hearing aid, not a louder doorbell.

JohnJ0906

LawnGuyLandSparky said:
If she can't hear the doorbell, can she hear the smoke alarm? What's next the telephone, a car horn, a police siren? Sweet old lady needs a hearing aid, not a louder doorbell.
My grandfather was hard of hearing (to put it mildly!), and had a bell added so he could hear the telephone ring. It looked like a small version of a schoolhouse bell, and sounded like one too! Every year when we would visit, it took a day or 2 to get used to it- LOUD . Have to be scraped from the ceiling!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.