Lutron RA-6D switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Service call today, bad RA-6D Lutron switch, appears to be discontinued model? Does Lutron sell current model that can be used as replacement and work with existing master?

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Service call today, bad RA-6D Lutron switch, appears to be discontinued model? Does Lutron sell current model that can be used as replacement and work with existing master?

Might help if you told us (me) what kind of switch it is and what it's used for!:huh:

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Might help if you told us (me) what kind of switch it is and what it's used for!:huh:

Well yes I agree, information given was sketchy so that someone who has had same issue would respond.

The Lutron RA system will allow master control to switch various switches throughout the house from central or remote location, also features dimming and scene selections, usually purchased by homeowners that don't really need it and don't know how to operate. Like my cel phone has lots of features that I don't need and don't know how to use.:?:):)

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
Service call as in they called you? Or as in you went there and saw the switch? Did you get a chance to look inside the switch at the wiring? I can't tell if it's one of those things that look like a giant keypad on the wall or if it fits in a standard switch box.

I was just thinking maybe you could see what kind of conductors were available and maybe just find a similar remote/radio system.

I'm sorry, I'm probably not being helpful, just throwing ideas out there.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
The switch that was bad is a dimmer, controlled either at switch or remotely from any of several master controls, so I guess radio control from master to switch?

Lutron specified current replacement switch ($169), meanwhile I had changed switch to conventional dimmer ($16.99) and customer was happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.