LV Sprinkler Control & 120V Power Cir

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAHTAH

Can a LV Sprinkler control circuit be run in a conduit with 120V Power if the conductors used are 600V rated? I see conductor separation in the code for Class 2 and 3 conductors but no mention about the use of 600V conductors in a low voltage application.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Re: LV Sprinkler Control & 120V Power Cir

The answer is no. CL2 and CL3 circuits must be run separate from 120 volt circuits regardless of the conductor insulation.

shelco

Low voltage sprinkler control would be , what 12v, 24v, 48v? What prevents this from being in the same conduit with 120 as long as insulation is rated for the highest voltage in that raceway.
I see nothing preventing this from being ok.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

Low voltage sprinkler control would be , what 12v, 24v, 48v? What prevents this from being in the same conduit with 120 as long as insulation is rated for the highest voltage in that raceway.
I see nothing preventing this from being ok.
The insulation value has nothing to do with the prohibition. 725.55(A) Explicitly does not allow Class 2 or Class 3 conductors to occupy the same raceway as electric light and power conductors.

shelco

Infinity
I apologize, you are correct I had my classifications and definitions askew. I interpreted this circ. to be a standard control cir.

Status
Not open for further replies.