LV wiremold

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmbrk

I'm installing some low voltage undercabinet light fixtures and I need to hide the wiring from the fixture to where it goes into the wall. Has anyone used some type of wiremold channel to do this? How does it attach? It would need to be small in profile (two #12) and brown in color if possible.

Thanks

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
tmbrk said:
I'm installing some low voltage undercabinet light fixtures and I need to hide the wiring from the fixture to where it goes into the wall. Has anyone used some type of wiremold channel to do this? How does it attach? It would need to be small in profile (two #12) and brown in color if possible.

Thanks

Are you running 2 #12 wires in a wall instead of romex????

mdshunk

I never really felt the need to do that (since you need to look up and all), but if I was to, I'd probably use some of that plastic wiremold type stuff that you peel the liner off the back and stick it up. I haven't seen any brown, but I saw some data guys using some black once upon a time.

tmbrk

I suggested spray paint but the GC won't go for it.

I was looking at a wiremold product on their website but I need it to be brown. I was just wondering if anyone had a product they were using.

I thought about the peel away strip stuff but I wonder how well it would hold since gravity and the cable would be working on it.

MAK

tmbrk said:
I suggested spray paint but the GC won't go for it.

I was looking at a wiremold product on their website but I need it to be brown. I was just wondering if anyone had a product they were using.

I thought about the peel away strip stuff but I wonder how well it would hold since gravity and the cable would be working on it.
You should try taking a small piece of the sticky back wiremold and spray paint it to show the GC. He might bite on the idea if he can see what it would look like. Just make sure you use spray paint for plastics only (they sell it at the depot). Screws are a good idea too.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
MAK said:
You should try taking a small piece of the sticky back wiremold and spray paint it to show the GC.

This is me: "They don't make it in brown. You're more than welcome to paint it whatever color you want when I'm done."

OR, option B

"They don't make it in brown. You can go buy some, paint it brown, and have it waiting for me when I come to install the lights."

Done.

quogueelectric

tmbrk said:

Thanks
Use a thin wiremold then trim over it with low profile molding and you can stain it any color you want or just cover it in wood molding low profile and stain it to match.

electricmanscott

brantmacga said:
This is me: "They don't make it in brown. You're more than welcome to paint it whatever color you want when I'm done."

OR, option B

"They don't make it in brown. You can go buy some, paint it brown, and have it waiting for me when I come to install the lights."

Done.

This is the logical answer.

tmbrk

Thanks for the replies guys....

I think I'm gonna go the spray paint route. He's gonna have to deal with it.

L

Lxnxjxhx

LV

LV

Don't know the shoulda's on this, but I use #30 or #28 wire wrap wire. This stuff is so small it's invisible, and at 10'/ohm it lengthens lamp life.
Also it doubles as a ~10A fuse.

You didn't hear it from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.