magnetic ballast Help find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseydaze

I am looking for a magnetic ballast it is a advance 881 for 2 F60 T12s 120 v 0degree starting temp I need it in magnetic because I cannot easily rewire the the fixture ballast is remote.Anyone know where I can get one supply houses only have electronic .Any help would be great.

barbeer

I can not believe that we could help you get one any faster than your local supply house!?

I am having a hard time picturing what would make it hard to rewire.:confused:

Jerseydaze

Passaic county NJ yeah ballast is no longer made and electronic one you must rewire so looking for one on a shelf collecting dust

mattsilkwood

what is the problem with rewireing the fixture. it shouldnt be much more work than swapping a ballast in my experience unless theres something im missing

mdshunk

mattsilkwood said:
what is the problem with rewireing the fixture. it shouldnt be much more work than swapping a ballast in my experience unless theres something im missing
If it's a deli case or frozen food case, something along those lines, rewiring can be a real "treat" since the ballasts are remote mounted.

mattsilkwood

mdshunk said:
If it's a deli case or frozen food case, something along those lines, rewiring can be a real "treat" since the ballasts are remote mounted.
i wasnt thinking about that but still wouldnt all the wire be there, or am i thinking wrong

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Jerseydaze said:
. . . I cannot easily rewire the the fixture ballast is remote.
I thought any tube socket could be converted for electronic ballasts by simply tying both wires together. :-?

Jerseydaze

mattsilkwood said:
i wasnt thinking about that but still wouldnt all the wire be there, or am i thinking wrong

maybe I'm not thinking remote ballast currently has black white,1 red 1 blue lead. New electronic equivalent has black,white, 2 blues and a red so am I missing something how do you rewire in a fridge case without it being a hassle ?

iwire

Staff member
Jerseydaze said:
maybe I'm not thinking remote ballast currently has black white,1 red 1 blue lead. New electronic equivalent has black,white, 2 blues and a red so am I missing something how do you rewire in a fridge case without it being a hassle ?

I don't think your missing anything, I think the others are.

Did you check out the advance numbers I provided?

emahler

we also used Howard in the past, but I believe they are out of business...You can try Anthony International...they suck to deal with, but they manufacture cases. They are out of California...

Jerseydaze

Haha I found two first I found and ordered one online for $95 with shipping then I found one in lowes for $30 I already quoted the customer $95 .So must make an ethical decision on how much to charge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.