main service disconnect ground bonding

anbm

By looking at attached pictures, the two main CBs (left and right of meters) do not seem to
bond to anywhere (i.e. ground rod, building steel, etc.), correct? These were probably installed
30 years ago...

Attachments

• IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 11

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Hard to tell without opening everything up. I would run the GEC directly to the wireway and install a MBJ in each service disconnect.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
By looking at attached pictures, the two main CBs (left and right of meters) do not seem to
bond to anywhere (i.e. ground rod, building steel, etc.), correct? These were probably installed
30 years ago...
I see a wire coming from the left disco. Maybe there's more electrode wires inside.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
30 years ago...
You are saying they do not seem to be grounded to anything. Ground rod and building steel are grounding electrodes. As others said, it's hard to see grounding in the pic but it might be inside or otherwise hidden.

The equipment may very well be bonded. Can't tell that at all whatsoever without looking inside.

Bonding is IMO the more important one.