Master Electrician's License info in West Chester PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in getting a Master Electrician's License. I currently live in West Chester PA and work in the area, and along the Main Line.

What are the requirements/qualifications for taking the exam?
I realize it varies from county and could use some direction.
Doe's anyone have any information regarding who i can contact to find out what i need in this area or surrounding areas?
any information would be extremely helpful, since i am new at starting my own business.

I've been in the industry for 13 years. I worked as foreman for a small electrical company based out of Malvern Pa, for 6 years. I am currently a sub for Electrical contractors, and have been on my own for a year or so.

Thanks, Josh

PetrosA

You'll need to go to the borough building in West Chester and talk to the people in the permits department. I took my exam twenty or so years ago and at that time it was an open code book exam that lasted a few hours. There were no prerequisites for taking the exam - if you weren't ready you lost your cash and wasted your time by failing it. There is no yearly fee anymore in West Chester to maintain your master's license.

Almost all the surrounding townships and boroughs will accept a West Chester license but you may have to pay the local yearly license fee to pull a permit. Further down the Main Line they require a Philadelphia license (based on a different test method) and you won't be able to work there without that. Call ahead when in doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.