master License test

tcpolasek

Occupation
Electrician
I am looking at testing for the master License and I was wondering if I can just get some practice exams, or do I need a more in-depth package? I took my Jman License in dec of 2019. thanks

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
do you think it is reasonably possible to get just his practice test and pass? I have heard the only difference between the two test(masters and jw) is more calculations.
Sure it's possible, depends on the individual. I used Mikes stuff for mine and I don't regret it for a second. Things I thought I knew, I only knew 80% of and just knowing I was wrong was not helpful, I needed to look at an example. This is most important with the calculations. The math is elementary arithmetic, but knowing when to apply and when not to apply certain things may be uncertain if your new. For example calculating primary and/or secondary protection on transformers. It's easy to understand 9amps but when Mikes examples lay it out for you it builds confidence that you understand it. I could give other examples. None of them are complex, but seeing the examples instead of just right wong was helpful. Same with the pics.

Remember the exam is timed so if your not confident in calculations, having more of them will slow you down, and may be your weakness.