Max no of circuits per panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

m sleem

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Females
Occupation
Health
But... the high circuit count versions are PANELBOARDS, which are significantly more expensive than LOAD CENTERS. In the trade, the terms are often used interchangeably but from the manufacturer standpoint, they are not. So you might in fact spend more for one panelboard that holds 80 circuits than you will for two load centers that hold 42 each.

But I’m confused... first you said 70 circuit 1 phase, then you said 480/277. So you have a 480V SINGLE PHASE service? Not unheard of, but highly unusual. If it really is 480V, you are looking at a panelboard anyway, so you may as well get an 80 circuit version. I don’t know of anyone that makes a 480V single phase panelboard with that many spaces on only two busses though. My suspicion however is that you have 480/277 3 phase, but are only feeding single phase 277V lighting loads. You would still buy a 3 phase panel and feed it with 3 phase 4 wire.

480V panelboards don’t use twins...
You are correct, also i am sorry for confusing, basically i am searching for 400/230 voltage level which you don't have in US accordingly i tried to select an equivalent there,

230 v is a voltage level for single phase & i am searching for 3p panel 400/230v.

i am searching for 3p panel 400/230v.

In that picture I posted, they do show a 415/240 3 phase 4 wire system, although I don't think there would be anything different about the panel board itself. You could use the standard BQD breakers which are 480l277 slash rated. Only issue I can think of is not sure if they publish AIC at 400 volts and if not you would just have to use the 480 rating. I'm sure if you talk to a Siemens (or whatever brand you want) gear guy, he/she can get you what you need.

It's a new building and i don't think we have issue with budget, but it's good point to be highlighted.

The BQD, which is kinda the "standard" 480/277 siemens breaker, doesnt have a particularly high AIC, 14K at 480, but there are of course higher versions available. HGB I think is 35K. 14K may be an issue if you are mixing equipment and thus cant use series ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.