MC-PCS Duo connectors

Mdfili

Occupation
Electrician
We are running 12/2-16/2 MC-PCS Duo cable to countless recessed lights in a luxury home in Miami. The lights all have 1/2" knockouts. We are using tytpical available single and double connectors. Rather than enlarging the knock out in eack light, does anyone know of connectors that may have a more forgivable internal bore?

Mdfili

Occupation
Electrician
What are you currently using?

I used and have been using the Arlington 414110ST.

Anything larger you'd have to go to a 3/4 KO style
Our cable dimension is a tiny bit wider than that capacity. Those are nice but very costly...we need a huge amount of these connectors. We are using a variety with a clamp for the double cable connectors and the internal bore just makes for the wires...even better if we stripp the 16/2 sheathing. However the single connectors with integral bushings are difficult. We've had to use the conventional clamp type connectors for this. Thanks for your input!

Mdfili

Occupation
Electrician
Morris shows a standard 1/2" KO will work

Morris connector Cat# 15047 rated for use with MC-PSC Cable
15047* trade size 3/8" fits the following 14/2, 14/3, 14/4, 12/2, 12/3, 12/4, 10/2, 10/3

The EZFITT 15050 duo looks like it will work. The singles don't have the capacity for our cable size (0.650 in.) Oddly enough I can't find them anywhere on line. I believe they are a new product for Morris. They're not in their online catalog and don't show up with a catalog # search on their website. I'm going to call them Monday. Still need a solution for the single connectors though we are using much less of them and can make due with what we have. Thanks for the tip!!

Mdfili

Occupation
Electrician
Arlington shows their 505010AST 3/4" KO used with two of those cables. Especially if you are using #12.

-Hal
Yeah, we thought of that but would have to step drill all the knockouts to 3/4 inch. We have at least a couple hundred lights to install....but we are considering it. Thanks for the reply!

Mdfili

Occupation
Electrician

15047* trade size 3/8" fits the following 14/2, 14/3, 14/4, 12/2, 12/3, 12/4, 10/2, 10/3

Yeah, they say rated for MC-PCS cable but the typical 12/2 MC-PCS has a cable outer diameter of 0.65 in and the connecteor inner diameter (bore) is 0.61. Thanks for the response!