mcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

power tr

Occupation
ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEER
mcb.jpg
what is the purpose of the circuit which enclosed with a circle can you share a real application example photo inside the control panel

EC Dan

Occupation
E&C Manager
I believe those are manual motor protectors with thermal and magnetic trip. The thermal trip is indicated by the square wave. The magnetic should normally be indicated by I> in IEC schema but this one apparently uses a half circle? The symbol to the right is a NC aux contact.

1637673456243.png
1637673579538.png

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I believe those are manual motor protectors with thermal and magnetic trip. The thermal trip is indicated by the square wave. The magnetic should normally be indicated by I> in IEC schema but this one apparently uses a half circle? The symbol to the right is a NC aux contact.

View attachment 2558458
View attachment 2558459
You might be right. But normally the manual operator part of such a device would also be shown in the schematic and this does not show the manual operator. I'm pretty sure it's not a fuse now than I look at it closer. I was thinking it was some kind of a fused switch with an auxiliary but I don't think that's what it is anymore. I think it is some kind of circuit breaker.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
What don't you understand about that? You have 3 phase 4 wire power coming into a terminal block X401 terminals 12 though 18, then it is split to feed two MCBs, F421 and F422, which then feed two separate 3 phase loads though terminal block X401, but terminals 19 through 26. Then in some other panel, the two 3 phase 4 wire circuits terminate on another terminal block, also (poorly designed) X401, terminals 5 through 12.

Side note: X401 may not be a terminal block number designation, it may be a type number.

Status
Not open for further replies.