MCC Bucket-CPT wirings and control block connection with other devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKUMAR

Need help for good wiring photograph and explanation that can show how power from CPT ( in MCC bucket) transfer to all devices in bucket and how control block ( terminal ) wiring is done.
and how CPT ,control block terminals and devices are wired together.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Need help for good wiring photograph and explanation that can show how power from CPT ( in MCC bucket) transfer to all devices in bucket and how control block ( terminal ) wiring is done.
and how CPT ,control block terminals and devices are wired together.

It will be slightly different for every brand of manufacturer. There are usually schematics and pictures available on the manufacturer's web sites.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Typically any one ..how two wire of CPT pass current to all control block points ( ex .30 points)?
I have never sceen a MCC bucket with 30 control terminal points.

Attachments

• Eaton starter neutral.pdf
    25.2 KB · Views: 3

dicklaxt

What I have is similar to what Don posted so he's got it covered,,,,,,,, right on with 30 terminals being a lot however some solid state starters approach that.

dick

AKUMAR

Sivacon s8 withdrawable unit control supply : how the connection is made in test position and disengaged in off position ..power ocntacts are diengaged by hand tool from door ..are control circuit are also linked with the movements ? any help to see more clear photo except from siemens site

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
As Don said, thats a lot of terminals. But you start at the CPT X1, you'll want to hit a fuse, then go terminal to terminal - you goal is to only have two wires per terminal. Same on the X2 AC common, and that gets a green jumper to ground as well. I would use 16 AWG MTW stranded. 16 AWG THHW is OK but the MTW is easier to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.