Mcc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flimflam

Im installing one 400 amp MCC and one later in the year. I want to run 4" emt to a junction box and catch the first MCC with 3" emt out of the first junction box. I will then run 3" emt to the other MCC later. The wire sizing that I come up with is 250 mcm paralleled for each phase. The first 100 feet of emt will have both MCC conductors then will branch out to each MCC.

quogueelectric

Im installing one 400 amp MCC and one later in the year. I want to run 4" emt to a junction box and catch the first MCC with 3" emt out of the first junction box. I will then run 3" emt to the other MCC later. The wire sizing that I come up with is 250 mcm paralleled for each phase. The first 100 feet of emt will have both MCC conductors then will branch out to each MCC.

You might want to go parallell 3" to cover derating of 12+G current carrying conductors in the one 4" pipe you will have to derate too much to do what you want. No one would probably catch the 4" deration if you wanted to go for it though. It will fit in the pipe however it wont be right.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Let's go easy on the new guy he said this was his first thread. :rolleyes:

Flim,

We need more information to answer the question properly. But as others have stated it looks like running both sets of feeders in the same 4" raceway will not work due to derating issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.