Means estimates

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave704

Anyone out there have any good samples/examples/tutorials on R S Means estimating. I have taken the class but not having used the system since, I am some what rusty and now need some refreshing. Thanks.

dave704

so true

so true

Don't kmow about the course you took but if I could get just one job using their price book, I could probably retire fat and happy.

I know what you mean, but I failed to mention that I work with federal government contracts, so you know the deal! The private sector sure can't afford it.

R Bob

Don't kmow about the course you took but if I could get just one job using their price book, I could probably retire fat and happy.

I know what you mean, but I failed to mention that I work with federal government contracts, so you know the deal! The private sector sure can't afford it.

Means isn't all that off the charts when considering the specifications and special requirements typical of a Fed project.
What RSM database are you using(Elec Cost Data, Facilities Cost Data, ...etc.)?

swamped

First time poster. I have found that the Means square foot pricing is actually low. The per item prices are OK, but not necessarily excessive. I don't use per item for electrical pricing, because I use an estimating program, but for things like trenching, coring, and concrete, I have found that I want a little more in my estimate than they give. Like any time estimate that is not your own, you need to figure out what is actually covered. Look at NECA labor. It has worked as a base for years, but is obviously tweaked by each estimator and job.

Status
Not open for further replies.