MEDIUM VOLTAGE FUSE HOLDERS AND FUSE TYPES

Status
Not open for further replies.

PE (always learning)

Occupation
Professional Engineer
Hey Everyone,

I don't often work with medium voltage equipment and I'm having some trouble identifying medium voltage fuse types on a project I'm working on. The fuses in questions should be rated for 150A and are mounted on a pole with a voltage of 2400V. I have attached a picture of the pole mounted medium voltage fuse holders and I was curious if the fuse types can be narrowed down based on what fuse holders they have. The contractor for this project was supposed to gather this information for me, but they don't have a lot of this information documented which has left me trying to make educated guesses. I know this is a shot in the dark, but was just curious if any of you with more medium voltage experience might know.

Best Regards

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    736.4 KB · Views: 24

mivey

Nope. To identify type and size without records, you will have to remove the barrel and look at the fuse.

PE (always learning)

Occupation
Professional Engineer
No worries, I figured this was a shot in the dark. I'm going to have to make an assumption based off of what other medium voltage fuses were used on this project. Either that or tell them I can't model this into my project.

Beaches EE

Occupation
Electrical Engineer / Facilities Manager
You probably checked, but some utilities will post the values on a placard on the pole. It's not the norm, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.