MEDIUM VOLTAGE MOTOR CONTROL CENTER - PROTECTIVE RELAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

PE (always learning)

Occupation
Professional Engineer
Hey Everyone,

I know I've been posting a lot recently, so please bear with me. I have a large project and I'm working with medium voltage equipment for the first time, so I'm overthinking everything. On my project, I'm being required to model the overcurrent protective devices and I have an Allen Bradley Centerline Motor control center that's supposedly utilizing a protective relay according to the one line on the construction documents, but I don't see any protective relays on the equipment. I have attached a picture of the equipment to this page for reference. Am I blind or missing something, I don't see any dials or controls for a protective relay.

Best Regards

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    933 KB · Views: 13
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    905.9 KB · Views: 9

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
It might depend on what the specifications called for at the time it was ordered. A-B has so very sophisticated Solid State OL relays that can be used on MV starters, plus some of them are network enabled, so you would so if the specs didn't call for anything that the SSOL couldn't do, that might be what they used, in which case it would not have anything on the outside. On "Capture4" you have a nameplate with a serial number, call that number into your local A-B distributor and tell them you want the record drawings for it, they will show what was ordered.

PE (always learning)

Occupation
Professional Engineer
Thank you again, as always your comments are greatly appreciated. That was going to be my next move. I noticed a serial number on the nameplate. It usually takes them time to get me that information back, but that would probably be my best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.