Memory units and Alzheimer’s units

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have three levels of I-1, I-2 and S-2. One of the floor has memory care units, one of the floor has Alzheimer’s units and last floor old people.

All these have of course common areas. My question is engineer has not provided any house panel. Instead the common areas just fed from Panelboard that also feeds the units. Would not the above be not in compliance with NEC 2017 Article 210.25(B)? Should house panel be provided or not? Two questions. Thanks

rc/retired

Occupation
Master Electrician/Inspector retired
I have three levels of I-1, I-2 and S-2. One of the floor has memory care units, one of the floor has Alzheimer’s units and last floor old people.

All these have of course common areas. My question is engineer has not provided any house panel. Instead the common areas just fed from Panelboard that also feeds the units. Would not the above be not in compliance with NEC 2017 Article 210.25(B)? Should house panel be provided or not? Two questions. Thanks
Are the units dwelling units by definition? If not, a house panel is not required.

Ron

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety

So, are the old people in the S-2 occupancy? I've heard about "warehousing" old people, but WOW...