Metallic Wireway vibration isolation

zdbleam

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hello,

I have a 12"x12" metallic wireway going to be connected to a large generator dogbox (enclosure on the generator that houses the output terminals). My company has historically used Durodyne, which is a flexible, cut to size ducting with neoprene fabric in the middle. This is not however UL listed for wireway, which has led to some issues with a customer. Apparently the Durodyne is pretty common for this kind of situation.

Looking at the major wireway manufacturers, they only go up to 8x8 for a flexible fitting. Can I use the 8x8 fitting with a 12" to 8" reducer? This would be larger than the max 20% fill for wireway required by NFPA 70: 376.22A, which makes me think it's a no. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to isolate the wireway from the generator's vibration.

Thanks,
zdbleam

synchro

Occupation
EE
You might split the cables equally between two flexible fittings and have the cables in a parallel arangement. You'd need to have the same number of sets of conductors in the two fittings. Each set would have a L1, L2, L3, N if required, and an EGC.