Meyers hubs required where

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnettda

Can someone point me in the right direction on where in the code I can read about where I need to use a Meyers hub or sealing lock nuts if allowed when entering the side or top of a 3R panel?
Thank You.

It wi be in panels or such , live parts in wet locations and entries.

ETA:312.2 is he NEC reference.

If it is a article 314 box, the wording is a bit different. I am not sure exactly where wet location fittings would be required?

ETA 314.15 is the section. I guess everywhere except the bottom is the way I read it.

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
If you want to follow listing, I believe both meyers hubs as well as sealing locknuts are only listed for RMC/IMC, other raceways you are supposed to use appropriate fitting. That said most liquidtight flex connectors are fine but raintight EMT fittings are useless for sealing against the enclosure wall and I use meyers hub with the RT fitting threaded into it most of the time anyway even though it isn't listed for such.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
For Article 312 installations a connection rated for wet locations is required when the entry is above live parts. For boxes in Article 314 all sides require a connection that is rated for wet locations when the box is installed in a wet location.

Status
Not open for further replies.