Might need some advice/support

TwoBlocked

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
We got a "Bad Boy" email from the boss with a picture of a solar installation that was done. The boss is upset about the sloppy wiring which the customer discovered. It is sloppy, but what bothers me more is the improper installation, and that the boss didn't notice - no disconnects to/from the controller, devices fed directly from the batteries and not the controller, negative is not bonded to ground. These are covered by the controller manual. Then there is how would you replace the batteries without killing the power to the devices? I'll be responding to the email tomorrow with these concerns. There's eight of us in the field. I am the only electrician, the others are instrument techs. Gotta say something and am concerned about blowback. Will keep you updated.

1687738800231.png

TwoBlocked

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Talked with the boss today, but not about the wiring mess, so no blowback from pointing out the installation problem he did not notice. It was about another solar project. Depending on how one looks at things, there's "no problem" or "big problem." He's obviously more concerned about appearances than substance both in work and in management. Not sure I ever get through to him how batteries in series/parallel are wired when trying to explain why a distribution block was needed.

OK, I work in a messy place. I still enjoy it. :)