Mike Holt Books NEC Exam Prep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to comment on Mike Holts books. I think its good info, but I feel that on the motor calc section he should mentioned that 430.6 (A)(1) states that table is ONLY for motors with high speeds ie greater than 1200 rpm , NON multispeed motors, or low torques in the HIGHLIGHTED COLOR SECTION/CARTOONS.

I had missed that at first glanced when sizing the motor ampacity. This is on page 194 Section 7.2. I had went back and read the code. somtimes one can get the 'full load CURRENT' mixed up with the 'full load AMPS' of the motor. ;)

Last edited:

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
I just wanted to comment on Mike Holts books. I think its good info, but I feel that on the motor calc section he should mentioned that 430.6 (A)(1) states that table is ONLY for motors with high speeds ie greater than 1200 rpm , NON multispeed motors, or low torques in the HIGHLIGHTED COLOR SECTION/CARTOONS.

I had missed that at first glanced when sizing the motor ampacity. This is on page 194 Section 7.2. I had went back and read the code. somtimes one can get the 'full load CURRENT' mixed up with the 'full load AMPS' of the motor. ;)

Well that kinda of comment should probably be directed to the Mike Holt website staff not this forum. However I would point out that in the 2008 Exam Prep book this exact information is given on page 194 section 7.2 in the second column, in the second paragraph. (The first one after the Authors Comments)

Well that kinda of comment should probably be directed to the Mike Holt website staff not this forum. However I would point out that in the 2008 Exam Prep book this exact information is given on page 194 section 7.2 in the second column, in the second paragraph. (The first one after the Authors Comments)

Yes i know its in the second paragraph, I just felt it should be in the cartoon section, just help to highlight it better. How does one direct comments to the staff?? sorry if this is in the wrong forum, its just that this is place that gets the most visits and most likely seen by the right person.

Status
Not open for further replies.