Mike's Ohm's Law Sticker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAC702

Never occurred to me that people misuse them. Seems simple enough to know to use it just as a list of words, to which you already know the connotations, so that you can pick the best one for a situation, especially when writing.

Then again, you made me realize that it was my dad who taught me how to use one. It was never taught or used in public school. And I'm sure things are worse now.

jumper

Never occurred to me that people misuse them. Seems simple enough to know to use it just as a list of words, to which you already know the connotations, so that you can pick the best one for a situation, especially when writing.

Then again, you made me realize that it was my dad who taught me how to use one. It was never taught or used in public school. And I'm sure things are worse now.

The problem is that people do not up the exact meaning of words that are similar but are not always interchangeable with what a person is trying to convey.

For example looking for alternatives in a thesaurus for alternatives for “succeed” you may get:

Win
Conquer
Overcome
Surmount

They are not all interchangeable without proper context.

rcarroll

The problem is that people do not up the exact meaning of words that are similar but are not always interchangeable with what a person is trying to convey.

For example looking for alternatives in a thesaurus for alternatives for “succeed” you may get:

Win
Conquer
Overcome
Surmount

They are not all interchangeable without proper context.
But, what is another word for thesaurus? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.