Milbank mobile home pedestal wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Meddock

New User
Occupation
Retired SCADA technician
My pedestal was wired in 1995. The pedestal bus has 2 line lugs and 3 breaker tabs for each line. The electrician wired straight from the meter to the lugs. There is a 200 amp breaker in the center position that is connected to the load center for my house. A inspectar looked at it yesterday and said it is not wire correctly and does not meet code. The bus is not protected by a main breaker. The inspectar said I must connect the meter lines to the 200 amp breaker and the breaker would feed the bus then connect the lines from my house load center to the lugs on the bus. He is correct the bus is not protected. The only protection on the pedestal bus is to not connect more breaker load than the bus is rated for. Is he correct about NEC? It matters because I wanted to make a line side PV solar connection to the bus and fall under NEC 705.12 instead of NEC 705.11.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
You need a new electrician. At least he pulled a permit.
You wanting to install solar as a DIY project is concerning if you are a DIY. I suggest you find a solar electrical contractor and have them do the project. The NEC does not allow unqualified persons to do PV installations

Status
Not open for further replies.