Minimum distance between exterior door and 277V LED wall pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anywhere in the NEC codebook that specifies the minimum distance between an exterior door and a 277-volt LED wall pack outside of it? I heard that that distance may have been 36" in the past, but I don't see this anywhere in the codebook.
I want to mount an exterior LED wall pack 6" above the top of the door frame and 12" from the strike side of the door. Does this meet code?

RICK NAPIER

There are no distance requirements that I know of but here is the requirements from the IBC

1006.4 Performance of system. Emergency lighting facilities shall be arranged to provide initial illumination that is at least an average of 1 footcandle (11 lux) and a minimum at any point of 0.1 footcandle (1 lux) measured along the path of egress at floor level. Illumination levels shall be permitted to decline to 0.6 footcandle (6 lux) average and a minimum at any point of 0.06 footcandle (0.6 lux) at the end of the emergency lighting time duration. A maximum-to-minimum illumination uniformity ratio of 40 to 1 shall not be exceeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.